View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 05, 2001, 04:11pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Carl Childress
Quote:
Originally posted by L.G. Dorsey
I had been working what you correctly described as the squared box (in the slot) before I went to the classic, but I'm going to work Jim's method this season. I also agree that terminology has gone awry in describing these stances.
Lawrence[/B]
Lawrence: First of all, the honcho at the school is certainly going to push what HE likes. Jim was heel-to-toe, so....

Now, I agree that the scissors is AW-ful, heavy on the "AW!" of your muscle strain, etc.

So, for you guys who are great at guessing where the outside corner is (read: slot umpires), you now have three choices: the knee (tough job in a three-man crew), heel-to-toe, or squared slot.

Now you've seen the discussion in this thread about how to point the feet in heel/toe: both forward, one splayed, both splayed.

You tell me: Which stance is easier to assume? which stance offers a rock solid foundation? which stance has a smaller chance of interfering with the catcher?

You got it. The very stance you've been using throughout your career. Take my advice: Dance with the girl you took to the prom. Fooling around can get you shot!