View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 08, 2004, 09:24pm
Official Forum Member

I have read that coaches and the refeeres share a common substance, both love the game. Coaches get their team ready for the games and refs get their selves ready to make the right calls. In my opinion i think refeering is one the best positions to be. Granted that officials do have a tendency to make enemies just for the simple fact that they are officials. Refeering is just like anything else. It has advantages and disadvantages. My dad refeered for 15 yrs. but i don't remember very much about it because i was a small kid. But now since i have grown up i have a passion for refeering. And everybody i talk says that they wouldn't do it for anything. To me thats the beauty of it. It may not be the easiest thing in the world to do. But it can be a beautiful thing if done for the right reason. I have a great amount of respect tfor those that have been refeering for a long time that deserves alot of gratitude. So to all of those that have been leaders in the past and that are leaders now THANKYOU. I hope that officials can always get the recognition that they deserve. I hope to be this kind of leader in the future. Again thanks.