View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 06, 2004, 01:07pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally posted by Larks
Do you peek?

3-man high school game. I am lead table side, closed down to the lane line extended. Ball is nr. the FT line ext. Skip pass over to the wing to the 2 guard who chucks it. Slot is straightlined but indicates 3. It goes. Slot indicated good.

Here is what I did....tell me what you have done / recommend...In theory, this question could apply, maybe more so to 2-man.

I took a peek and saw the foot clearly on the line. I indicated 2 (two fingers extended pointing towards the floor). After it went, I killed it and made sure we only scored 2. Come to find out, T saw what I saw too and also hit his whistle when I did.

What do you old guys think....will the peeks get me in the soup? Is there a cure for the peeks? Was I ok?

Larks
VIT

I agree with the information given so far when it comes to stopping the game and fixing it if you are 100% sure. I have no problem with that. However, to answer your question about the "peeks", yes they will get you in trouble. Do not let all the answers you have received so far give you a license to ball watch. Your responsibility was the post where most of the physical play occurs. If someone was to punch someone else who is going to pick it up? You obviously had 6 eyes on the ball. Well maybe not 6 since the C didn't have the play correct. In any case you have received good information if the situation comes up again but this particular situation should not come up again unless your next competitive match-up is across the lane at the 3 point line.