View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 06, 2004, 11:48am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
I went to a college game after my JH games last night and I want some opinions on what I saw. It was a great game. He home team was behind by 15 after the first half and was able to bring it back and get ahead by 6 with a minute left. The visitors hit a 3 point shot a 2 point and a free throw down the stretch to tie the game. The home team had the ball with with a couple clicks on the clock when they shot and miss get the rebound and with the clock going down shoots a shot and gets fouled. The officials decide to ignore the foul and have overtime. A hand went up with the horn from the lead and not a fist. I was sitting next to my partner on a game from two nights ago who also calls college. He said that they did the right thing by letting the players decide the game on the court with overtime. The home coach and I disagreed with that opionion and thought we should shoot the free throws and decide the game and go home. The home team did lose after throwing the tantrum which almost drew the Technical foul. Obviously with a JH game we are shooting the free throws but at what level do you do what these officials did?