View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 04, 2004, 10:37pm
Official Forum Member

Mark
In your mind, the F bomb may get you tossed. I have yet to read a rule or case that specifically cites the F word as an ejection. Please direct me to that rule/case so I may be better educated. Until you can, I will continue to allow people to make their own judgments about whether this is the little t or the BIG T.

Love your reading of the rules with respect to second sitch- but this is not about the rules or the integrity of the game/sport (which I DON'T agree he threatened by failing to award a T). The calling or not calling of anything with .1 seconds left is best left to the discretion of the person on the spot at the time. The mess can be addressed later in a post game report, but nothing says he MUST assess the second T if he can get the ball in play, kill the clock, and get out of the gym. There are clearly reasons to do so, and reasons not to do so. He has to make that call at the time by himself, and none of your after action second guessing can change that.

I won't tell him what he should have done. I will help him consider various ways he could deal with this sitch - and each has advantages and disadvantages. He can choose what he thinks best fit the circumstances he faced that night. Or he can just be wrong as viewed from your seat.