View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 04, 2004, 05:09pm
Official Forum Member

Flagrant tech on the initial comment, possibly, but I'm not necessarily sold on that. The T was probably enough, but everyone has their own standard with respect to profanity.

As for the second incident, which consisted of not stopping and threatening, you could easily go with the flagrant. A simple second T would also eject, but I think it is important once there was a threat to note that this was a flagrant anyway - and it's the appropriate call. And it clearly would have been best coming from your partner - he booted this one more than you did.

Since it was 0.1 and the game was decided (i.e., shooting a T wasn't going to change the outcome), going the way you did so as not to further inflame the situation may have been right. It may look better on the post game report that you weren't in a T-fest with this coach, that you were still able to exrcise self control and judgment when he was clearly not able to do so. Of course, he probably will be coaching the next game, which is the downside of not bouncing him. But a report to your superiors may result in further action, especially if your partner backs you now.