View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 31, 2004, 03:58pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.

MTD, Sr.: Did the Timer’s mistake negate A1 throw-in pass to A2? No it did not. The correct spot for Team A’s next throw-in is nearest the spot where A2 caught A1 throw-in pass.

MTD, Sr.: As I stated in my response to cmathews, the Timer’s mistake did not negate A1’s throw-in pass and throw-in violation.

Do you have a rules citation that will back up your hypothesis above, Mark, that you can move the throw-in up the floor?

Btw, exactly what throw-in pass are you talking about. You stated in your initial post above- "the instant that A2 caught the ball, the game horn sounded...". You didn't say that A2 caught the ball before the horn sounded. Horn = dead ball, Mark. Therefore A2 caught a dead ball. There never was a completed throw-in pass, iow. How can you move the ball up the floor when team A never did have possession up the floor? Also,what's your call if A1 only touched the ball instead of catching it, and the ball was loose? Best of all, please tell me what your call would have been if B1 had caught that long pass when the horn went off instead of A2. Using your logic, would you put 1 second back on the clock, and then give B the ball for a throw-in where B1 caught the ball? I can hardly wait for you to try and answer that last one.

[Edited by Jurassic Referee on Jan 31st, 2004 at 03:03 PM]