View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 31, 2004, 02:56pm
Administrator

cmathews (Jan 31st, 2004 02:21 AM): "darn it MTD you had me agreeing 100% until you put the ball in at the sideline and put all the time back......I agree put all the time back, but give em the ball in the original location again.....now lets all pair off in threes and discuss this again."

MTD, Sr.: cmathews, why would you give Team A the ball for a throw-in on the endline in their frontcourt? Did the Timer’s mistake negate A1 throw-in pass to A2? No it did not. The correct spot for Team A’s next throw-in is nearest the spot where A2 caught A1 throw-in pass.

RecRef (Jan 31st, 2004 09:03 AM): "I’m glade to see that Mark made that mistake because now I don’t feel so bad. Week before last, A up by 3 with 9 tenths of a second left on the clock at the end of the game. A1 is spot inbounding on the B’s baseline and B is putting double pressure on A1. A1 takes a few steps back and heaves the ball high down court. The ball hits a volleyball net hanging at mid-court from the ceiling and the buzzer sounds. Went over inbounds situations with the timer before the game.

Put the 0.09 back on the clock and gave B the ball at mid-court. No one caught the mistake as everyone, I guess, was still thinking about the timers action. To make matters worst we had a no touch inbounds throw-in during the first half and handled it correctly.”

So thanks Mark, now I know even you interpreters can make mistakes."

MTD, Sr.: RecRef, the only mistake that I can see that you made is that you incorrectly gave Team B the ball at the division line for a throw-in instead on the endline in its front court closest to the spot where A1 released his/her throw-in pass. As I stated in my response to cmathews, the Timer’s mistake did not negate A1’s throw-in pass and throw-in violation.

Yes, David B, Coach B was not happy with me putting time on the clock and giving Team A another throw-in, but an official's job is not to make Caoch B happy, but to do the correct thing.

[Edited by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. on Jan 31st, 2004 at 10:36 PM]
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio