View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 31, 2004, 01:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
I don't think that there's any real need to discuss that last thread again. The last thread had completely different circumstances. In that thread, the official chopped the time in when he shouldn't have. There's no lag-time factor in stopping the clock that anyone can argue this time, either .In this sitch, it is a straight timer's mistake with no extenuating circumstances whatsoever, and is covered under Rule 5-10-1. You can't argue that it was an official's mistake instead of a timer's mistake this time. Maybe MTD can come up with a rule that will allow him to move the throw-in up floor while correcting the time in this sitch, but I sure can't think of one. There's nothing in Rule 5-10 that says that he can, that's for sure. By rule, you can put the one second back on the clock because you had definite information that that's when the timer mistakenly started the clock. Now where was the ball when the clock showed the proper time of one second remaining? Sureashell not 40-50 feet up the floor, was it?

I would hazard a guess that the B coach was not too happy with his call.

[Edited by Jurassic Referee on Jan 31st, 2004 at 03:48 AM]
I was thinking the same thing. Just put it back on the inbounds line as it were before the clock started and continue.

Thanks
David