View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 30, 2004, 02:19pm
Do not give a damn!!

It is in the rules.

Quote:
Originally posted by Forksref
I agree with MN 3

It's a T - under the breath, maybe a little talking to, but if you heard it, it's a T.

"If you expect more, you get more." And it's in the rules, so let's expect more of kids.
I love it when people claim things are in the rules, but would never call many things to the letter at all. Coaching box or "Delay warnings" just to name a few. I cannot recall anyone saying, "a coaches foot was out of the lane, then I had to T him."

There are a lot of rules, but there is descretion also. It of course is your option to eject a kid for this, but you also have to deal with the fallout when you do as well. I just would rather worry about the things that affect my game, then the things that do not. A player using profanity to themselves does not feel to me like an ejection. And then if I do that, I have to be on top of all other language that happens the rest of the game. And if I do not hear the language clearly from someone else, now I have to explain to a coach why his kid was ejected and his opponents player was not. There is just a better way.

Peace