Old Fri Jan 30, 2004, 01:55pm
Official Forum Member

Get rid of him!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by cmckenna
PS2MAN,

Do you call a travel on a player if nobody saw it?? How about a foul??? It's your word against his on those...

This is the kind of stuff that you let go and it will only get worse later. You gotta deal with it immediately.

I'm with PS2MAN on this. If a quick "f***!" or "s***!" is directed at no one after a blown play I'm letting it go, assuming the "kids" are old enough to shave. I might say something quietly to the guy later, if I remember.

Lucky for the player that I wasn't doing the game. Profanity is profanity, but if I'm addressed by a player directly, then he's toast.

Maybe a T, maybe an ejection depending on what kind of mood I might be in or if I'd had any problems with the kid during the game.

Often I will say something to a kid in passing to watch your language etc., and then if he continues the proper penalties are applied.

Different topic, but same for a coach. He will usually get a reprimand from me if I hear him using profanity. He can do what he wants in the locker room, but the court is different.

Thanks
David