View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 26, 2004, 10:42am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser

Later in the same game, I'm C on ball and the ball handler on my side (L didn't have time to rotate over) hooks the defender going by. I signal strong, but for some reason use the college team control signal. Both partners asked me if it was player control (with a hand behind the head gesture) after I had gotten into position since we were in the bonus. Bad mechanics, so my partners didn't know what I had called. Don't think anyone noticed unless there were officials in the crowd.
Rich
Rich, I'm not following this. The call was a PC, right? The PC signal in men's is the same as fed - hand behind the head.

Oops, now maybe I get it. Did you use the woman's punch to signal the PC?
Yes, that's what I did. I never did this until I went to a women's camp this past summer. I only seem to do it when I'm outside, too.

Bad habits.

Has anyone ever gotten in a habit of having their back to the court when calling a ball out of bounds? I've done that a few times and KNOW I've done that. Only do it during 3-person. I find myself following the ball out of bounds in the corner, and instead of turning back towards the court, opening up, and signalling, I'm signalling facing the corner.

After doing it, I kick myself for a while. Doesn't mean I've broken the habit, though.

Rich