View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 26, 2004, 09:56am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser

Sure. I bet this gets enforced a lot. More than likely the two officials come together, decide whose primary it was in and report that one foul. I'm not saying that is the proper FED interp, cause it isn't, but I would bet this is what gets done most of the time a blarge happens.
No matter what happens, this is just a horrible situation. No one is going to be happy. Both coaches are going to think you are crazy for doing whatever. This is why this should be talked about in the pregame and you can prevent it.

Peace
I agree. Almost had one the other night, to be honest. In your fine state, Mr. Rutledge.

I'm trail and player drive from my area (3 officials). Huge collision and to me the B player had, and never lost, legal guarding position. I go up with a fist (fortunately) because my L came out strong with a block, whacking his hips and shouting BLOCK. I was going to go the other way had this not happened -- I dropped my fist and slid down to take the L's place for the free throws.

I'm not saying I was right and he was wrong. We saw it differently, I guess.

Later in the same game, I'm C on ball and the ball handler on my side (L didn't have time to rotate over) hooks the defender going by. I signal strong, but for some reason use the college team control signal. Both partners asked me if it was player control (with a hand behind the head gesture) after I had gotten into position since we were in the bonus. Bad mechanics, so my partners didn't know what I had called. Don't think anyone noticed unless there were officials in the crowd.

I'll get it right one of these days....or move on to college ball where my mechanics would've been flawless.

Rich