Old Mon Jan 26, 2004, 09:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Yes, it is a double foul.

4.19.7 SITUATION C:
A1 drives for a try and jumps and releases the ball. Contact occurs between A1 and B1 after the release and before airborne shooter A1 returns to the floor. One official calls a blocking foul on B1 and the other official calls a charging foul on A1. The try is successful.

RULING: Even though airborne shooter A1 committed a charging foul, it is not a player-control foul because the two fouls result in a double personal foul. The double foul does not cause the ball to become dead on the try and the goal is scored. An alternating-possession throw-in results.
Sure. I bet this gets enforced a lot. More than likely the two officials come together, decide whose primary it was in and report that one foul. I'm not saying that is the proper FED interp, cause it isn't, but I would bet this is what gets done most of the time a blarge happens.
So far (In my short career) I have never seen it happen as per the case book. But if both refs signal what they called without getting eye contact first they are stuck and should do it this way.