Thread: Ejected!
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 25, 2004, 11:53am
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
Was reading Referee Magazine last night and saw a case play that was relevant to a sitch that I had two nights earlier. Sophmore boys game during warmup home player dunks ball and grabs ring and hangs. I walk over to get his number so that I can inform the coach that we will be starting the game with one "T", that blue will get the ball and he will get the arrow. I also inform that this goes against the player and team totals. I forgot to inform him that it is an indirect for him and that he is seated the rest of the contest. As I read the case play I found out that I did more than just that wrong according to NFHS rules. According to the case play this sitch is TWO technical fouls, one for dunking the other for grasping the ring, he is ejected for the game, blue should have gotten four free throws plus the ball, the coach gets two indirects and is seat belted for the rest of the contest. Now, how many of you knew this was the way the rule was set up and how many of you would have called it that way? Seems a little harsh. The coach gave me sh1t for it when I told him before the game, I could just imagine if I had done it right.