View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 24, 2004, 10:26pm
Official Forum Member

Hello All,

I just wanted to thank you for all of your comments. I expected the responses that I received on Situation #1. I know how I will handle that situation down the road.

In Situation #2, I feel that many of you misunderstood the question that I was asking. At no time did I mention that I questioned myself in making the call. As I mentioned, it was a "good wack". I hate to see a kid make a dumb foul in that situation and knew that this "wack" could not be passed on. My main question involved the actual timing of the foul in relation to our whistle and the clock. I wasn't sure if a foul was recognized when it actually happens or when we blow our whistle. My rational was that the clock does not stop when any foul actually happens but when we blow our whistle, so should this same theory be applied to the final horn??

I feel that Mark DeNucci answered it best. It's when the foul actually happens, not when we blow our whistle. Thanks

I can now say that I have taken another step... I hoped that it has helped someone else out there also.

Later,

Rock'n Ref