Thread: Partner Trouble
View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 10, 2004, 01:14am
Official Forum Member

I agree with BktBallRef, you should probably find another rec league. I wouldn't advise keeping any sort of card, just don't start the game until you have an official book. Make sure both coaches are aware that that book is the official book and that the other team should have someone doing the book as well to sort out any discrepancies. If there is "cheating" that the refs can't be on top of, it is the visiting team's fault for not providing a book of their own. If you've got two books, go with whoever is the most competent. It's not hard to teach someone to do book and I advise you give them a couple of pointers before you start the game if you're not sure. Also, you shouldn't ever consult officials on another game, the two of you should figure out how to handle your problems on your own.

An interesting aside: I had a girls varsity game today decided by a single point. That point was missed in the first half by the scoreboard operator and we were able to bring both books together at the half and come to the right score. Always check the books.