Thread: Flagrant fouls
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 24, 2001, 11:55am
certified Hot Mom tester

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
I really want to get this straight in my head since I have signed up to be observed by the commissioner (God-Jesus-Howard) in a couple weeks, and I want to be prepared for any eventuality -- as much as possible.
Juulie - you can never be prepared for Howard. Hope that doesn't scare you, hee hee.

Seriously - remember what I told you previously about him not liking three second calls if the play is "outside" - in fact, you might mention to him after the game that you let some go because you didn't want to "disrupt the flow of the game" and you always want to use the "advantage/disadvantage" theory - do that and he'll probably give you a medal.

BTW - one of the posts above in this thread says that on a flagrant, tell the scorer to note the disqualification in the scorebook. There is a difference between a disqualification and an ejection. In some states, there are further penalties for ejections. I would recommend you instruct the scorer to note an ejection, just in case there is further review.