View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 24, 2001, 11:51am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Indy_Ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
BTW - on another board a coach complained because he got a T without getting a warning first. My response is that if he wants that to happen, he should give us a warning first that he is going to have some bad behavior coming up soon. After all, these calls need to go "both ways", don't they?
I wonder if that was the coach I T'ed up two weeks ago! I whacked him with 40 seconds left in OT and his team was down by 4. An errant pass went out-of-bounds right next to where I was standing. I didn't see if it had been tipped so I asked my partner for help. He said, "Yes, it was tipped!" I called ball to same team, not this coach's team. He went ballistic! I IMMEDIATELY told him to sit down as everything happened right in front of his bench. He said, "Dammit, that was a bullsh@! call!!"

I stepped out and said WHACK!! Wrote him up with the unsportmanlike conduct sheet, sent it to the IHSAA, and he responded that we didn't give him any warning. WHAT?? Got to be kidding me! During the course of the game, we gave him several "looks" and several "universal hand" signs to no avail.

Got one question for you, coach: "Where in the rule book does it say I must warn you?"