Thread: Flagrant fouls
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 24, 2001, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Todd VandenAkker
The fans may not even realize the player got ejected (especially if it wasn't an obvious fight situation) if he just sits on the bench, until they discover later he hasn't returned to the game yet. That's fine with me.

Todd, this was exactly the situation, but I'm a little uncertain about calling flagrant. I did it, because this girl had gotten out of control and this foul was rough and quite vicious. It wasn't quite violent, though. I'm feeling incorrect about it, since I was criticized for calling a flagrant last year, that was rough and vicious, "but not fighting." This time as I stood there, I couldn't think of any way to sit the girl down, except to call the foul flagrant.

So here are some more questions: What other ways are there to sit a player down? Could you describe some fouls that are flagrant, but may not be obvious to the spectators? Is fighting the only flagrant foul?

I really want to get this straight in my head since I have signed up to be observed by the commissioner (God-Jesus-Howard) in a couple weeks, and I want to be prepared for any eventuality -- as much as possible.