View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 02, 2004, 09:58pm
Official Forum Member

I know how to enforce and assess penalties in this situation, I am just not sure what to call it. The varsity assigner in my association quizzed me on this when it happened, but would not give me the answer on the spot. I went home to take a look at the rules book and the case book, but I'm still not sure...
A1 is guarding B1 in the frontcourt. A1 commits a 'push' on B1 by displacing/dislodging him as he attempts to advance the dribble. Tweet! Center official comes up with the foul, which is team A's 7th foul. Just a moment later, A1 shoves B1 into some nearby tables. Tweet #2! Technical foul on A1 for intentional contact when the ball is dead. I know that we should clear the lane, shoot the one and one from the personal foul and then administer two technical free throws for team B, followed by a division line throw in. However, what is this situation a description of- a false multiple foul, or something else? When my assigner asked me, I said false multiple foul because both fouls were on one team and the second happened before the ball had become live following the first foul. However, this doesn't completely mesh with the NFHS defintions, etc. Can anybody help me here?