View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 01, 2004, 11:57pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser

Regardless of whether those officials in IL work a final, they get the finals patch to keep and wear (if they choose), right?

Yes that is true. They are a State Final officials, but I think football is the only sport that you will do the Championship game if you go to "State." All it really means is that you were assigned the last stage of the playoffs. Who does the actual games and what games is another story.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser

I'd do it once and be more than happy to let someone else get the shot moving forward, if that was the policy.
Well in Illinois and I am sure in other states, you can turn down the opportunity to work it if you like. I personally think the guys that have earned it deserve to go and should go again if they have not regressed as an official. No one team goes to the Super Bowl every year, niether should the same officials do the Championship ever year either. But if you are good and have worked hard, I see nothing wrong with having multiple trips. Just not every year like you described in your other post.

Peace