View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 30, 2003, 04:54pm
Official Forum Member

I think it would be interesting discussion to talk about on field experiences with officials calls that were discussed and changed duing the game....

How does everyone out there handle it?

Do you discuss in pregame?

How does the crew handle dealing with it, especially from an ego situation?

I had a situation where I was trailing a play down the sideline, the line judge was in front of me by 10-15 yards. As the runner was passing the LJ, he glimpsed over his left shoulder and observed an offensive player with his hands on a defensive players' back. He turned back around and dropped a flag.

As the LJ was turning back around to observe the runner, the offesive player removed his hands from the defensive players' back. The runner scored.

I met the LJ at his flag and asked if he had a block in the back. The LJ replied "yes". I then asked him "what did you see?".....He told me that he had seen the player "with his hands on the defensive players' back"......I then told him what I saw......I then said unless you tell me otherwise we're going to wave it off.....the touchdown play stood.

I immediately went to the defensive teams sideline and presented the discussion to the head coach.