View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 29, 2003, 05:20pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by nine01c
He was a 24-28 year old "newish" maybe 3 year official. Nice enough guy and not a bad ref. Honestly, I don't think it was the female (me) thing at all. Believe me, I don't let anyone push me around, in basketball or baseball. He did inform me that he had played and coached for years, he KNOWS the game, and feels he should be getting a full boys varsity schedule next year. Actually, he needs the mens college game to keep him from getting so bored. These girls games, and even the boys games, are just TOO slow. However, he didn't always beat the girls to the endline, hmmm...

I didn't bother to tell him that PLAYING and COACHING for however long does NOT equate to REFFING experience. I figure he'll learn that on his own.

And JR: Beware; besides voting and driving (sometimes an ambulance) I also exercise my 2nd Amendment right and might forget I'm not Annie Oakley or something. Heck, I can call BINGO for a huge crowd (now THAT takes guts), and even cook something once in a while.
Okay, well, I'll put the "gender card" back in my hand, nd play it later when Jurassic gets too far out of hand. Meantime, I like Dan's suggestion. Fight fire with fire, or something.