View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 27, 2003, 11:40pm
Official Forum Member

Everyone, thanks for your replies. The situation I had in the game was my partner on Trail three times shouted out to me NO,BLUE, OFF WHITE! (or vise versa) after I had just blown my whistle and come up strong with a WHITE! I felt confident that I had the calls (not originating from the Trail area), and I made no eye contact looking for help.Actually, I was wondering why he was even looking at the ball being tapped out on the endline. Anyway, I went with what he had so we wouldn't "argue."

Unless my partner makes eye contact looking for help, I will let his call stand, even if I think I saw it differently. Chances are, he is right and it just looked different to me. In a VERY close game near the end, I will offer info if I am POSITIVE he is wrong, but the eye contact usually comes anyway. This guy unnecessarily put me in the position where I had to say OK and change my call (even though I thought I had it right), or say NO, I'M SURE, and stick with my call, in effect "overruling" him.
No way would I do this three times in a decent game, not to mention that this one was a FR girls game, final 68-14.
Give me a break. I think unsolicited "help" should be kept to a minimum (and I need a better pregame).