View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 26, 2003, 06:27pm
Official Forum Member

What you talk about sloth cannot be tolerated at the NFHS level. Two players get in eachothers faced I'm going to break it up and warn them. And if they keep talking flag it.

Several times I've had this happen and all I do is go over to the kid and say "81 if I see anything again I'm going to flag you and its going to cost your team 15 yards." This will usually put an end to things. And sometimes I will even tell the coach. "Coach 28 is acting up, you better talk to him because next time its going to cost you 15 yards." or "Coach I have just given 65 his last warning and next time it will be a 15 yard USC." Most coaches don't put up with it and do not want the 15 yard penalty. I have found that saying "15 yards" kind of makes them realize what will happen.

Depending on how severe it is I will give them one warning, after that I'll start throwin the flags. You have to put an end to this early on or else it will just escalate. Sloth, all you do is give them their one warning, they want to do it again just flag them.