View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 26, 2003, 01:44pm
Official Forum Member

Smile More on creation mythology...

Just a closing comment on the creation mythology I touched upon earlier:

Pele the goddess of the volcanos is our Mother Creator in Hawaiian mythology. One of her lovers was the god of the rainforest and the wild pigs that live within.

Their lovers' quarels and the resulting reconciliations of life procreation are represented by the volcanos erupting and covering the land (and the related forests, etc.) with fresh lava and even creating new land (we are the only state that is still growing in land size with each new lava flow that ends in the ocean off the coast of the Big Island of Hawai'i). Over time the forest reclaims the land with new life and then the process of yin-yang starts anew...

What lessons can we draw from this? Good productive change can result from confrontation. Good confrontation with respect for each other's views can result in a synergy of efforts with the end result being much greater than the isolated accomplishments that do not add to the betterment of the community as a whole.

Coach Jones, I sincerely hope that you humble yourself and overcome these problems. You and the team and your many supporters will all benefit.