View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 22, 2003, 10:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tutall
bktballref - i hate the double foul beacuse someone has to start it. whoever hits first is the guilty one. if a guy retaliates then it is a foul on him but if you get the first there is no double foul in my book anyways.
Not necessarily. The contact can be legal but then escalate. A double foul can be a great tool to clean up the post.

Quote:
rainmaker - putting your hands on them is hard not to do when you are 6 feet from the basket. it gives leverage and you can tell which way they are going. as long as it doesnt impede progres i dont see anything wrong with having a hand on them. out front i believe this is different because a hand can slow them down on drives but if someone has their back to the basket they arent looking for speed. im not neccesarily saying they should get rid of it i just dont like it.
See the part I underlined? That's a foul. When you gain an advantage by placing your hand on the opponent, it's a foul. Should the post player who's being fronted be able to put his hands in the defender's back? No, because it places the defender at a disadvantage.

Sorry but you're not looking at this from an arbitrary view. You're looking at it as a player who wants to be able to do things the rules forbid.