View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 17, 2003, 08:14pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Some do not put in the work too now.

Quote:
Originally posted by firedoc
In my region moving up seems to be based on politics more than ability. I have watched some of the most experienced officials in the area, and worked games with a few, and have been amazed at how poorly some work. Mechanics sloppy, failure to hustle, out of shape, and even in a few cases a paucity of knowledge of the rules. Shocking and Sad!
I do not completely disagree with the politics claim, but I am sure there is more to it than that. The only reason I say this, is because if someone wants to move up in my area, they have to do some traveling or willing to travel. Sometimes the trips are more than 2 and a half to 3 hours one way. And I know guys who complain that going 45 minutes one way is too far for a HS game. Most college conferences regardless of part of the country are spread out over hundreds of miles in radius. So I am sure those guys regardless of ability went to the right camps (spent hundreds of dollars in some cases) and make themselves availible, when other guys sit at home and complain.

Peace