View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 11, 2003, 12:50pm
Do not give a damn!!

They are nuts!!!

I was at a Football Banquet last night. We had a speaker that has been a long time D1-AA Football Official. He said this about coaches.

"You have to understand that coaches spend a lot of their time coaching, which is for many some kind of livelyhood and they get to control ever aspect of their program, except you (meaning the officials)."

I think this rings true for me. I had a game this weekend where the home coach threatened me about "we will not have you back next year." I said to him in the calmest of voices, "I really do not care." I was working at a school that they assign themselves, I pasted 100 schools to get to that school. One of my partners was from another part of the state as well. It was funny to me and something I thought of when the comments were made by the football official.

What I have found is that there are many nice people that are coaches, they just get nuts when the game starts and seem to stay that way until the game ends. I think we just have to keep it in perspective.

Peace