Old Wed Dec 10, 2003, 03:52pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by davidw
Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
Originally posted by davidw

At a break in the action, I walked up to him and said basically, "I don't have a problem with you saying 'shoot the ball', but I think you are approaching taunting behavior." He gave me a 'what me look?!' and asked what I meant. I said, "I think you know what I mean. No taunting." He gave me a nod and I said, "Thanks."
davidw,
An intense ballplayer will often have a "scowl" on his face.

You are much more sensitive than I.

IMO, your explanation was quite weak for a high school to understand, but then, so was your stance.

mick
Mick,

I understand the facial expression we often see in the course of competition. IMO, B1's went beyond that brought on by his intensity. Realizing this, was another reason I chose to warn rather than penalize.

I should also say I was trying to keep my conversation short-- the length of breaks in action dictate that. And in my judgement, based on body language etc. he knew what I was referring to. Which I think was borne out by his response: the nod. I certainly took into account his age as well as all the other circumstances of our communication: time, place, time constraints etc.

But, i appreciate your feedback. I was curios whether others would feel more as my partner did. Thank you.
davidw,
You paint an ugly picture.
Maybe I'm askin' him to stop, too!
mick