View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 10, 2003, 11:17am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Stan
Quote:
Originally posted by Ridgeben
He would say things like "next time you have one of their shooters close to you like that you have to take him out" and "if you have one of their guys flying over you to get a rebound you had better undercut him" and "if he is ever that close to you again swing your elbow and break his jaw".
Did the kids follow his advice?

Although I would like to agree with Smitty, I can't. This is like the coach telling the kids to foul 'em at the end of a close game. I think we need to call the game that's being played, however, I may be hyperaware of the situation.

Thanks, Stan
So Stan, what are you going to do - wait till a kid throws the elbow that breaks another kid's jaw? Then what are you gonna do? Toss the elbow thrower and the coach? How are you going to justify tossing the coach at that point? If you say "I heard you tell that kid to break someone's jaw at your last time-out", your reffing days will be over. You've just set yourself up for a lawsuit. If you don't toss the coach when you hear the remarks, you can't toss him later or else you set yourself up to be as responsible for the injury as he is.