View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 10, 2003, 09:32am
Huck Finn

The camp in St. George is on the rise. It isn't really new but the guy that runs it now has taken over in the last couple of years. The staff includes NCAA and NBA officials and in the past there have been a JUCO and D1 assigner there.

The Big Sky camp is held in conjunction with the Grand Canyon State Games in Phoenix. Most of the staff are D1 men's and women's officials.

Dave Libbey has a camp in California. I heard the camp he runs was going to change from San Diego to someplace around LA. If you have never heard him speak you will enjoy it. He makes you want to grab a whistle and sprint to the nearest court!

The CCAA (D2) holds their camp in Las Vegas.

Charlie Range also has a camp in Oakland. If you don't know who he is then I will tell you a little. He has been to 6 or 7 final fours and at one time (briefly) he was in the PAC-10 and ACC. I don't know how he even did this. That is a logistical nightmare. His camp only has like 30 campers. The PAC-10, Big Sky, Big West, West Coast assigners will all be there. One more thing, if you are faint of heart this camp is not for you. You have to bring your A game to this camp because Mr. Range does not play! He is one of the nicest guys I met on the west coast but he will tell you like it is!