The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 02, 2003, 06:45am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to zebracz
Cool

Any good camps out west? For moving from HS to NCAA?
Old Tue Dec 02, 2003, 07:00am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by zebracz
I got your e-mail, but it didn't say anything ??
mick
Old Tue Dec 02, 2003, 09:36am
Official Forum Member

I go to Dave Hall's in Colorado Springs...But your the one who gets you moved up to NCAA not the Camp

[Edited by garote on Dec 2nd, 2003 at 09:56 AM]
Old Tue Dec 02, 2003, 07:56pm
Official Forum Member

Mick, sorry...I guess I didn't mean to send u email. My bad.

Garote,

Hey, I go to Dave Hall's in Logan, UT. How is the Co. Springs camp? I've been intending to attend out there. Have you heard of the St. George camp? Or any others, near?
thx
Old Wed Dec 03, 2003, 12:41pm
Official Forum Member

Zebracz,
I've heard good things about St. George even though it's new, however I've never attended.

Colorado State camp is great. Going again this year
Old Wed Dec 03, 2003, 01:12pm
Official Forum Member

I'll second (or third) the comments about Dave Hall's camps. Taught me things I never even knew I needed to learn. One disclaimer for Hall's camp that was made in Logan: You probably won't get "picked up" for college ball at one of his camps. He does have a few assignors/commissioners on his staff but for the most part, they have their own camps where they hire staff. However, you will meet college officials that are more than willing to give you honest feedback about your skills and share with you what it will take to advance to the next level.
a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
Arnold Palmer
Old Tue Dec 09, 2003, 01:37pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Luv4Asian8 Send a message via Yahoo to Luv4Asian8
Thumbs up

Quote:
How far West are we talking about? If in CA, I attended Melvin Landry's Mechanics Camp for my first time ever on a court (as in, had no idea what Lead/Trail meant). This camp is a part of East Bay Basketball Officials Association, one of the most highly respected associations in the state (maybe in the nation, maybe in the world!) I joined this association because of (1) its reputation for TRAINING great officials; and (2) convenince (live near HQ)
Old Tue Dec 09, 2003, 06:53pm
Official Forum Member

Question

...Melvin Landry's Mechanics Camp for my first time ever on a court (as in, had no idea what Lead/Trail meant). This camp is a part of East Bay Basketball Officials Association... <========= as you say then, how do I find out more about this camp AND this Association?

I've never heard of 'the east bay bball officials assoc.
thx
Old Wed Dec 10, 2003, 09:32am
Huck Finn

The camp in St. George is on the rise. It isn't really new but the guy that runs it now has taken over in the last couple of years. The staff includes NCAA and NBA officials and in the past there have been a JUCO and D1 assigner there.

The Big Sky camp is held in conjunction with the Grand Canyon State Games in Phoenix. Most of the staff are D1 men's and women's officials.

Dave Libbey has a camp in California. I heard the camp he runs was going to change from San Diego to someplace around LA. If you have never heard him speak you will enjoy it. He makes you want to grab a whistle and sprint to the nearest court!

The CCAA (D2) holds their camp in Las Vegas.

Charlie Range also has a camp in Oakland. If you don't know who he is then I will tell you a little. He has been to 6 or 7 final fours and at one time (briefly) he was in the PAC-10 and ACC. I don't know how he even did this. That is a logistical nightmare. His camp only has like 30 campers. The PAC-10, Big Sky, Big West, West Coast assigners will all be there. One more thing, if you are faint of heart this camp is not for you. You have to bring your A game to this camp because Mr. Range does not play! He is one of the nicest guys I met on the west coast but he will tell you like it is!

Old Wed Dec 10, 2003, 10:36am
Official Forum Member

Charlie Range is one of the nicest guys I met on the west coast but he will tell you like it is!

[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've met him. He's cool. Chico State! GO CHICO HEAT!
Old Wed Dec 10, 2003, 01:31pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Luv4Asian8 Send a message via Yahoo to Luv4Asian8
Thumbs up

Quote:
...Melvin Landry's Mechanics Camp for my first time ever on a court (as in, had no idea what Lead/Trail meant). This camp is a part of East Bay Basketball Officials Association... <========= as you say then, how do I find out more about this camp AND this Association?

I've never heard of 'the east bay bball officials assoc.
thx
http://www.ebboa.org

truly a great family I have joined here! Do you live in the SF Bay Area? If so, you will definitely have a great experience here!

and honestly, I just found out about this camp "by accident." was sent a flyer in the mail, and thought I'd check it out. But if you were to contact this association, I'm sure they can provide better literature to you than I can here.

again, truly having a blast learning from this association!
Old Thu Dec 11, 2003, 09:13am
Huck Finn

Melvin is a nice guy too!