View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 08, 2003, 05:46pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Come on now, you never watch TV?

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I only work high school games. I don't work college games or pay much attention to college mechanics. I know that the best games I have are with a partner who is on the same page as me and I know exactly what he's doing whenever he blows the whistle. If my partner starts using mechanics I am not familiar with, it's only going to cause confusion and hesitancy on my part trying to figure out what he's got. I don't care if a guy is new or has dozens of years experience, if he uses funky mechanics it's only going to hurt my game as his partner.
Then what you need to do is expand your horizons. Because I have learned many college mechanics, by watching college basketball on TV. And when I realized that Women's Mechanics were very different than Men's Mechanics, I learned something. And there are many officials that work both HS and college and I do not expect they are going to use only NF Mechanics when they might officiate more college than HS. If I am that confused, it is time to educate yourself to what someone else is doing. And not raising their hand for an out of bounds, should not be a major issue with any official.

Just my opinion.

Peace