View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 07, 2003, 11:35am
Official Forum Member

High School Varsity - Visiting Coach asks for a WH conference because the chain crew is too young. This was on the third play of the game. I did the pregame conference and the crew did 6 prior games. The box/clip guy was 17 yr.'s and the chainsmen were 21 yr/'s. (I was confident they were capable). Anyway, Coach and WH have discussion at midfield, WH moves to the Home Coach and the young crew is replaced with "adults" I did not participate in the discussion. I just stayed on the sideline awaiting the results of the discussion. Do you think I erred and should have made myself part of the discussion?
Since the crew was replaced there was no timeout charged to the visiting.

BTW - Home team sweeps my side and goes out of bounds causing the line to gain post to be moved. The back post is also lifted and a 4th crew member was added without my knowledge and has the clip in his hand. So now the only true fact we have is the new spot. I firmly believed the line to gain was reached because I always mentaly note the LTG when I am on the wing. The WH gives the first down singal and the visiting coach goes ballistic. I give him a "well you asked for this crew" look but keep my mouth shut.