View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 03, 2003, 03:05am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
Quote:
Originally posted by rcwilco
I am not 100% clear on your question, however.... If the game is tied at the end of regulation then there will be an overtime. If there is a technical after the expiration of regualtion time with a tie score then the OT will start with two shots and the same team with the ball for a throw in at the division line. You will not shoot them as part of regualtion time. If there is a difference of one or two points in the score at the end of regualtion time then you will shoot the two free throws to see if there will be a need for an OT. If so that OT will start with a jump ball, as the throw in does not carry over, casebook, p.36, 5.6 comment A.
As far as the mistake it is corrected immediately, NF rules 2-11-11 and casebook p.13, 2-11-10. If the OT had started you correct the mistake immediatley and play on. If the OT had not started but you had announced that you were going to have one I do not know what you would do. I guedss unless the T was to be shot the game is over.
That makes no sense. If you can shoot them as part of regulation to see if the game would need to go to OT then you can shoot them to see if it doesn't. OT does not start untill the jump ball. So if a coach shoots off his mouth off in a legit tie game, then his/her opponent shoots 2. If either one is made, Ball game and y'all have a good night.

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.