View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 25, 2003, 08:50pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally posted by bob jenkins
Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun

I like the way the heart of the matter is avoided, square up and you cut your vision.
No more so than any other time an official is "on the ball" -- whether at T, C or L.

I would like to see this done consistently without cutting off your vision (not by me).

It will cut off your vision because the area inside the arc is now the Lead's and if you "square up" to a play in this area who will be watching the weakside/paint while you are transferring responsibility?
Bob, this shouldn't happen in a 3-man game because when the lead and trail should be connected by an imaginary rope, when the lead goes the trail comes down so you will have two C's for a short time. The new C now has the weak side. Who watches this weak side while the trail has the ball and you are squaring up to a play near the arc in a two man game? If it is body language then you are using your body. To maintain your field of vision you would have to be near the sideline so you can still see back into the paint. Instead of me explaining what I mean by squaring up why doesn't someone explain it to me how all of this can happen while someone still watches the paint/weak side?