View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 24, 2003, 12:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by timharris
A=offense B=defense

(A) has the ball and its 4th down and 12, on this particular play which is a pass, (A) pushes off (B) the defender and catches the ball for a gain of 22 yards, i am looking for the way to administer this on the option and who gets the ball. im looking for national federation rule on this.

thanks
It is really tough to administer so those who do not understand the rules will appreciate exactly what happens.

Rule 5-1-2 . . . A new series of downs is awarded:

a. After a first, second or third down, a new series of downs shall be awarded only after considering the effect of any act during the down and any dead-ball foul.
b. After a fourth down, a new series of downs shall be awarded only after considering the effect of any act during the down, other than a nonplayer or unsportsmanlike foul.

The enforcement spot will be the previous spot, if B accepts, and they will. Mark off half-the-distance and award the ball to A.

I am always looking for suggestions on how to signal this particular type of foul, fourth down and loss of down by the offense. One suggestion that I use is to signal the foul and loss of down at the previous spot. Then move to the succeeding spot and signal first down for the offense.

I would appreciate hearing others talk about how they do it. Sure would be nice to have a microphone like the NFL!