View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 24, 2003, 07:04am
Huck Finn

First I want to say I believe the opposite of what Tim said. You should go more if the team is in a man-to-man than a zone. If you do 2-person and 3-person the first adjustment should be to step off of the baseline two or three additional steps space providing. When you go you haveo to trust your partner! If you make eye contact or verbalize something I just think you are missing something. As Tim pointed out correctly, you can't immediately begin to officiate where you are going while crossing the paint. You have to still watch all matchups as you progress across. I go across if a post play is imminent (did I spell that right?). If you have two post players over there on the block, go. If you have two guards that aren't going to post up then why go? If a shot/drive is in progress either step back to officiate rebounding action or take one large step towards wall if you have room. Opening up your field of vision is very important in officiating but more so when you only have 4 eyes on the court! It is also good for the Trail to take one step onto the court farther to look weakside when the lead is on strongside. If not a physical step then a mental step. This is similar to the Trail's mechanic in a Women's 3-person game. It is also like Pro ball with 2-person (CBA).