Thread: NCAA RULE?
View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 21, 2003, 04:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cmathews
snake eyes, yep I agree, but in NHFS with or without the fair catch if there is a reciever in position to make the catch, and I think there was, it is KCI correct?? I don't have my books with me so am not sure, or does that statement about a reciever in position only apply to scrimmage kicks....I called one of the guys I work with who also works D-1 he had his books with him and according to what he could find everything was legal on the play so they got it right...even to the point that in the NCAA there cannot be a fair catch on a free kick, and the ball doesn't have to touch the ground before K can touch it, it only has to go and stay beyond the free kick restraining line...at least that is all he could find on short notice...and he was glad to look it up cause he is a field judge and needs to know such things LOL....
Next time you speak with your D-1 friend refer him to rule 6-4-1. Interference with oppurtunity. A player of the receiving team withing the boundary lines attempting to catch a kick, and so located that he could have caught a FREE KICK (which this was) or a scrimmage kick that is beyond the neutral zone, must be given an unimpeded oppurtunity to catch the kick. (a) This protection terminates when the kick touches the ground or is touched by any player of Team B player.