View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 19, 2003, 09:04am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
Go to the arrow...the POI was the shot bouncing around, so no one had control, so your only choice is to go to the possession arrow and give the team entitled a throw-in on the baseline under the basket where the T took place...
I agree there is no POI.
Tommy, the game has been interrupted, so there must be a point of interruption. Rocky didn't say that there was no POI; he said that there was no team control at the POI. Big difference.

Quote:
Since there is no POI, why would you take the ball out under the basket?

Because you put the ball in play at the point nearest to where it was when the whistle blew.

Quote:
I think the ball should be taken out at the division line. Can you tell me if I'm wrong?
Ok, you're wrong. Why would you put the ball back in play at the division line. The only reason to do that is if an infraction occurs at the division line, or if you assess a technical foul (HS) or flagrant or intentional technical foul (NCAA, men). Neither of those things happened. So put the ball back into play at the point nearest to where it was when the whistle blew; viz., the endline.

Quote:
There is no POI similar to returning after halftime and you are using the AP procedure. This is why I think it should be at the division line.
I don't mean to be rude, but I honestly don't know what you're trying to say here.

Bottom line, ball back in play along the endline, using the AP procedure.

[Edited by ChuckElias on Nov 19th, 2003 at 08:14 AM]