Thread: First games
View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 18, 2003, 01:32am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
Smile

Well had my first basketball games tonight. 4 game Jr High set. Went well overall with the last game ending with a 33-32 score.

Things I learned:
1. bring a towel to the game to wipe sweat off. Never realized how much my baseball and football hats are a benefit in that reguard.

2. need to really be more patient on pointing. I would get the color right on a call but a couple times I pointed the wrong way.

3. When I do point, need to remember to stay "open" to the court. Turned my back a few times.

4. Work with a vet as opposed to another rookie. We were not "smooth" on rotations a couple times. It led to us both being on the same side of the court a couple times only to try and shift over in the middle of play.

5. loud a$$ buzzer goes off for a first warning signal on a time out. Silly for an official to walk up to a huddle of players and coaches and say "first horn coach".. Like DUH!!!! I am sure there is a reason but never been obvious to me, even when I played.

6. Not anything new learned here but, fans are the real blind ones and idiots. Coaches alot of times really know the deal, but will argue just to try to "work" and official. I can deal with that, but amazing how fans do not have a clue.

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.