Thread: E.T. Colvin
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 17, 2003, 08:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TexBlue
Actually, I have an amazingly less amount of knowledge of ASA politics than any of you guys. But, it seems to me, after reading the posts, you're saying that a lot of teams are going elsewhere to avoid the better teams. If this is the case, why not spend more time on improving the quality of the teams leaving, instead of worrying about the ones who already are good?

My daughter won 3 National titles (not ASA ) while she was playing. If we got whipped, we got whipped. I don't believe we ever once thought about what the governing bodies were going to do to make US more competitive. We thought that was always up to us. Eventually, we got to where we wanted to be.

I don't mean to sound judgemental at all, but it seems like the emphasis should be more on upgrading the quality of talent and coaching than worrying about whether a new President can get changes in effct to keep the less competitve teams going to ASA nationals. Please, please, I don't mean that in an insulting or mean way at all. But, reading from your post, it seems like that is how you are describing them, yourself.