View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 11, 2003, 09:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sm_bbcoach

Oops, sorry Mr. GHSA, I have another game/committment that night, and so do all the other officials!!!!!!! It is very easy. Booked games in advance, or have something going on wiht my family I can not miss or a work committment and all, you know how it goes.......
That's all good in theory but truth be known, it doesn't work that way.

Quote:
How does the state of GA do the protest thing? They are part of NF, according to NF. SO, how can a state break a rule 1-1-6 "..... the referees decisions are final". I have attempted to contact the NF on this but no reply. I would really like to hear theri version of this. Maybe I am in the wrong, but I did not think states could choose what part of the rule book to follow unless it is stated optional or something like that.
The NF has no authority to prevent the GHSA from doing anything. The only action they could take would be to revoke their football voting privilege.

Quote:
I just hope NO other state decided to follow this hiddious and rediculious behavior. I can only think what that will mean!
It won't happen in my state. I forwarded the story to the state office and receive a reply assuring me that they would never do that.