View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 11, 2003, 11:28am
Official Forum Member

You guys need to read the other threads on this. The decision was challenged on the field, but still implemented incorrectly, at which point the coach protested (much in the way a protest is made in baseball or softball - where it's much more common due to the nature of the game).

Georgia's sports authority has provisions allowing for protests and for the replay of games under these circumstances. (This is the root cause of the problem, I believe - they need to get rid of this provision).

If the officials would have refused to work the game, I'm sure they would have been in violation of whatever contract they have with the Georgia sports authority, in that this game was being legally replayed due to the rules in place at the time.

It stinks to high heaven, but it is what it is.

It does provide some solace that the game was still won by the same team, and that the protesting team is now in worse shape due to their protest of the game, in that they will now be playing their toughest game of the year on short rest. Serves the coach / AD right (although it sucks for the kids).

West Houston Mike