View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 14, 2001, 11:35pm
Official Forum Member

Lightbulb

OK so I went to the case book and found that 4.19.7C says:

"Contact occurs between A1 and B1 after the release and before airborne shooter A1 returns to the floor. One official calls a blocking foul on B1 and the other official calls a charging foul on A1. Even though airborne shooter A1 committed a charging foul, it is not a player-control foul because the the two fouls result in a double personal foul."

So, first of all, good call Kevin. Secondly, I STILL don't understand how a play can result in a block and a charge since the defender either obtained a legal guarding position or he didn't.
I am thinking more along the lines expressed by BktBallRef: "A double foul can actually happen in this sitch. Suppose a defender moves underneath a dribbler for a block. At the exact same time, the dribbler hits the defender with a forearm to the head. Both players have fouled. It's no different than two players shoving each other in the low post. Double foul."
The offense did not commit a player-control foul in this case but a seperate foul while returning to the floor.