In Memoriam

Re: Re: yer absolutely correct.

Quote:
Originally posted by rpwall
Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
Originally posted by rpwall
Maybe I am missing something, but from each of the cases described, it sounds like the player established a pivot foot, stepped with the other foot, lifted the pivot foot up and shot ... as long as the pivot foot doesn't return to the floor and the player shoots or passes, the play is legal. The fact that the player spins/pivots on the non-pivot foot is irrelevant ... traveling hinges on restrictions on the pivot foot.
rp,
What you say is correct, and you are missing something.
mick
OK, I'll bite ... what am I missing?
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BktBallRef
Could some of you college guys tell me why this isn't a travel?

A1 drives into the lane. He pulls up with his back to the basket, ends the dribble, steps with his left foot toward the basket, making the right foot the pivot. He then does a pivot spin on the left foot, steps with his right foot toward the basket, and shoots.

Big men also use this move in the low post block. Both feet are on the floor with their back to the basket. They step with the foot that's away from the basket, into the lane. That makes the other foot the pivot. Then they use the first foot as a pivot to spin on, and step with the legal pivot foot and complte the move with a jump shot or hook. Same play, just a little different beginning.

Are you guys told not to call this? I normally see it 3 to 5 times a game.

When Tony said step, he did not mean Lift.

[Edited by mick on Jan 14th, 2001 at 04:32 PM]