View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 04, 2003, 09:41am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
4. As for the AP arrow, 4-3 and some casebook plays cover how to set the initial arrow. If the foul was a technical, we won't have a jump ball (6-1-2 NOTE), and the arrow will be set when the ball is placed at the disposal of the THROWER for the division line throw-in. (4-3-3b, 6.3.1 Sit A)
If the foul was an intentional or flagrant personal do the same thing as for a T, but strictly speaking we did have a jump ball, it just didn't last very long. (4-3-3b, 6.3.1 Sit E)
Could someone else please sift this and confirm or deny the various details? Thanks.
Juulie, I went thru it pretty carefully, and it all seems pretty good to me. The only confusing part is when to set the arrow, but I think Nevada nailed it. For non-common fouls, you set the arrow when the ball is at the inbounder's disposal; for common fouls (when the offended player shoots FTs), you set the arrow when the ball is at the shooter's disposal. 4-3-2 and 4-3-3.