Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Camron Rust
Effectively, the infraction which drew the technical foul started the game. Once it has begun, substitutions are allowed...
This is the detail that had escaped me. The game started with the infraction, not the free throws. So when B1 leaves, and B6 enters, that is just a substitution like any other. Only question I have is, why bother changing the designated starters in the score book, then?
Juulie,
It is important that you don't believe what is written above. The truth is that the game starts when the ball first becomes live.
Casebook play 6.3.1 Sit A deals with T's before the game. It states, "The game will be started by awarding Team B two free throws for A1's technical foul." While it doesn't specify the part about the live ball, it makes it perfectly clear that the game does NOT start with the infraction which drew the T.
Nevada -- I'm going to suspend judgment until I hear again from Camron. He's extremely busy at the moment, but I know he'll be checking in again soon.

Camron -- Do you have a reference, interp, or ruling from somewhere to back you up?